The Manufacturing Systems and Factories
Why produce our own process?
The manufacture of many construction products is based upon tradition – traditional ways of building houses, using traditional materials, made in the same labour-intensive ways.
Green Build Systems sought to break the mould – not only by creating a unique cost- effective, energy saving and flexible range of insulated eco-panels for walls, floors and roofs, but also in the manner in which these construction grade eco-panels are manufactured.
Many board materials manufactured for construction are made to the nearest few millimeters, and there is the assumption that there will be craftsmen on site who will modify them to ensure that windows and doors fit snugly and that joints are even, so that minimal fillers are then needed to seal these areas.
GBS set out to design and construct a factory that is not only efficient and can produce consistently high quality work in volume, but where the panels produced are so precision engineered that the standards are not +/- 3 mm but can be measured in microns. This not only dramatically reduces time on the construction site, but by working to such accurate levels, we also ensure virtually perfect fits for windows and doors, without unnecessary modifications, so the end user can readily construct an air-tight envelope.
Total traceability is the key
It is now our intention to commence the process of application of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 compliance standards, so that we can offer total traceability throughout the process, maintain the highest levels of quality consistently, and ensure that we meet the highest available environmental standards.
Benefits of GBS Construction Methods
GBS’s methods deliver sustainable and low cost benefits in comparison with those deployed traditionally, through:
- The minimisation of raw materials;
- Precision engineering within automated processes;
- Production accuracy in microns as opposed to the traditional standards of millimeters, creating the need for decreased manpower and wastage at constructi stage;
- GB Eco Panels are produced to provide better insulation and thermal efficiency in the light of growing stringency in EU and UK building regulations regarding eco-standards;
- The GBS manufacturing centre requires much less manpower than
traditional/conventional manufacturing methods;
- The methods used accommodate upcoming changes in EU legislation and the growing
prominence of voluntary energy efficient standards such as Passivhaus.