GB Eco Panels
An innovative series of construction grade full format panels for fast eco-build construction systems
Unique features – an advanced product
- GB Insulated composite ECO-Wall Panels
- GB Insulated composite Eco-Floor Panels
- GB Insulated composite Eco-Roofing Panels
There are multiple combinations of panel sizes to suit the end product with a thickness of between 125 mm – 300 mm, depending on use and the level of insulation required.
Roof and Floor Panels may be 3 mtr, 4 mtr, 6 mtr or even 12 mtr lengths, with a width of either 1.2 or 2.4 mtrs.
Wall Panels may be up to 2.9 mtrs high, and are usually 6 mtrs in length x 300 mm deep.
If the panel is only required to be 150 mm deep then 12 mtrs lengths are feasible.
With the various challenges faced within the building and construction industries, GBS is utilising the latest in advanced materials combined with scientific, technological and manufacturing innovation in order to create the range of GB Eco Panels.
Our unique insulated composite panels (patent pending No. GB1814759.5) are, we believe, the next level in technological advancement for building materials and methods. Our Eco Panels comprise a unique composite featuring strength, waterproof and fireproof qualities.
Engineered composite panels designed to contribute to Passivhaus standards
U values express the measure of thermal conductivity – the ease by which heat can escape through a structure. The lower the U value the less heat escapes, and the U value is expressed as W/m2K.
Building Regulations standard is 0.3W/m2K and our insulated eco-panel has been measured and calculated at 0.1W/m2K, which meets the Passivhaus standard and in many countries actually exceeds it.
Our aim has always been to produce a flexible and practical system of insulated composite panels, suitable for multi-construction applications, where the u-values and air-tightness, coupled with our systems of bridging, are sufficient to provide an airtight structural member with resilient strength capable of contributing to Passivhaus (Passive House) standards.
Aiming to Passivhaus / Passive House / Zero Carbon standards
Clearly a single panel cannot claim to meet a Passivhaus standard, as it requires the test to be conducted on an entire structure which includes such elements such as:
- The Space Heating Energy Demand is not to exceed 15 kWh per square meter of net living space (treated floor area) per year or 10 W per square meter peak demand;
- The Renewable Primary Energy Demand (PER, according to PHI method): the total energy to be used for all domestic applications (heating, hot water and domestic electricity) must not exceed 60 kWh per square meter of treated floor area per year for Passive House Classic;
- In terms of Airtightness, a maximum of 0.6 air changes per hour at 50 Pascals pressure (ACH50), as verified with an onsite pressure test (in both pressurized and depressurized states;
- Thermal comfort must be met for all living areas, during winter as well as in summer, with not more than 10 % of the hours in a given year over 25 °C.
We have had a great many tests conducted, in order to determine the best system of joining panels – from GRP angles and wood, through aluminium, to various mixtures, until we reached the medium which increased the U value the least. We are currently patent pending on this joint style.